DriscoPlex® 4800 Series Industrial Pipe is manufactured from high quality mediumdensity polyethylene (MDPE) and conforms to ASTM F714.
DriscoPlex® 4800 is manufactured for longterm service for above and below ground industrial applications that benefit from higher abrasion resistance including mining tailing slurries and dredging applications.
- Greater abrasion resistance than HDPE PE4710 pipe (See PP 844-TN Slurry Abrasion Resistance in PE Pipe)
- Less stiffness and greater ductility aids in field handling/installation
- Over 2% less weight than HDPE PE4710 pipe
- >4 times resistance to slow crack growth compared to the PE4710 requirement
- Same fusion parameters as PE4710 pipe and fittings
4800 series pipe is made with a single white stripe to signify pipe series. It may also be sold as solid black upon a special customer request.
Available sizing options can be found on Bulletin PP168 4800 Series Size and Dimension Sheets