Medium-density polyethylene (MDPE) PE2708 pipe for above- and below-ground industrial, irrigation, and mining applications. DriscoPlex® 4800 series PE piping has excellent abrasion resistance for slurry applications. See PP844-TN Slurry Abrasion Resistance in Polyethylene Pipe for additional detail on the slurry abrasion resistance of DriscoPlex® 4800 series PE piping. DriscoPlex® 4800 series PE piping can also be used for lower-pressure applications that benefit from the lighter weight and increased flexibility of a MDPE material.
DriscoPlex® 4800 series PE piping is manufactured from a medium-density polyethylene (MDPE) material with an ASTM D3350 Cell Classification of PE234373C and a PPI TR-4 listed material designation of PE2708. Additional material properties are detailed in the product's Product Flyer.
DriscoPlex® 4800 series PE piping is manufactured in Iron Pipe Sizes (IPS). Standard sizes are shown in the product’s Size and Dimension Sheet.
Solid black pipe with a single white stripe. Solid black pipe is also available.
DriscoPlex® 4800 series PE piping is manufactured to ASTM D3035 for sizes ≤ 3” or ASTM F714 for sizes ≥ 4”.
- Greater abrasion resistance than HDPE PE4710 pipe (See PP844-TN Slurry Abrasion Resistance in Polyethylene Pipe)
- Less stiffness and greater ductility aids in field handling and installation
- Over 2% less weight than HDPE PE4710 pipe
- >4 times resistance to slow crack growth compared to the PE4710 requirement
- Same fusion parameters as PE4710 pipe and fittings