This Privacy Statement describes how Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LLC and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “Chevron Phillips Chemical,” “we,” “our” or “us”) collect, use and disclose information about visitors and users (collectively, “users”) of our websites, online features, products and services that link to this Privacy Statement (each a “Site,” or collectively, “our Sites”). You can identify the Chevron Phillips Chemical Company that hosts a particular Site through the Site’s footer or “About Us” link. By visiting or using our Sites, you are consenting to us gathering and processing information about you in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Information We Collect About You
Chevron Phillips Chemical recognizes and respects the privacy of our customers and web visitors. We may collect certain personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) that visitors to this Site voluntarily provide, including but not limited to:
- Contact details such as your name, email address, telephone and fax number, and physical address.
- Your company name and address, job title/responsibility.
- Account number and information.
- Your Chevron Phillips Chemical username and password.
- Comments and inquiries about our products and services as well as information that assists us in identifying the best products and services for you.
- Data submitted in connection with an application for employment such as your resume, education and skills, and other data about yourself. This information will be collected and processed by a third-party website that all applicants are directed to in order to complete the application process.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use Personal Information received from you for the following purposes:
- Provide you with the services and products offered on our Sites.
- Respond to your inquiries.
- Process orders and execute the transactions you request.
- For visitors who apply for employment through the third-party websites (which are linked to cpchem.com), to consider the individual for employment. The Personal Information collected by these third-party sites will be subject to the privacy practices and policies of those sites.
How We Share Your Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- With service providers who assist us in providing products and services.
- If required to do so by a court order or applicable law.
- We may share such information with subsidiaries, affiliates or joint ventures to process transactions and provide services on your behalf.
We do not share your Personal Information with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
We may also allow certain third parties to place Cookies on our Site in order to collect information about your online activities on our Site and across different websites that you may visit. This information is used to provide advertising tailored to your interests on websites you may visit (Internet-based advertising), and to analyze the effectiveness of such interest-based advertising. Please visit Digital Advertising Alliance or Network Advertising Initiative for more details about interest-based advertising Cookies, and certain choices you may have regarding such Cookies.
Do Not Track: At this time, our Site is not configured to honor browsers’ “Do Not Track” signals.
Access to and Correction of Your Personal Information
To the extent required by law, we provide you with the opportunity to be informed of whether we are processing your Personal Information and to request access, correct, update, oppose, delete, block, limit or object, upon request and free of charge, to our use of your Personal Information. For such inquiries, please contact us as detailed under the “Contact Us” heading below. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable as required by applicable law. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, to complete any transactions that you began prior to your request, or for other purposes as required or permitted by applicable law.
Security of Your Personal Information
We use commercially reasonable technical, administrative and physical security measures to protect your Personal Information, including generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100 percent secure, so we unfortunately cannot guarantee absolute security. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (e.g., if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please contact us immediately as detailed under the “Contact Us” heading below.
Links to External Websites
This Site provides links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by Chevron Phillips Chemical. Please note that these websites’ privacy policies may differ from those of Chevron Phillips Chemical and that this Privacy Statement only applies to Personal Information collected on this Site. We have no control over third-party websites and are not responsible or liable for the privacy or business practices of any third-party websites linked on our Site. We encourage you to read the privacy statement of any website you may visit, as we are not responsible for such websites’ content and policies.
Chevron Phillips Chemical does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13, and users under the age of 13 should not submit any Personal Information to Chevron Phillips Chemical. If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent and he/she is under the age of 13, please alert us at @email or write to us, as detailed in the Contact Us section below. We will take prompt steps to remove the Personal Information from our systems.
Privacy Notice for Customers and Suppliers in the EU
Click here to view our data protection clause for personal data processing.
Changes to this Privacy Statement Except to the extent limited by applicable law, we reserve the right to update this Privacy Statement to reflect changes to our practices by prominently posting notice of the update on our Site. Any updates will become effective 30 days after posting the updates to this statement and apply to all information collected about you. If we make any changes to this statement that materially impact previously collected Personal Information about you, we will, to the extent that we have your email address, notify you by email.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us by email at @email or by postal mail at:
Chevron Philips Chemical Company
10001 Six Pines Drive
The Woodlands, TX 77380
Updated: May 2018
Notice to EU/UK Residents
If you are a resident of the United Kingdom (“UK”) or European Union (“EU”), you may have additional rights, as detailed below. Furthermore, you are entitled to know the processing bases upon which we rely for the collection, processing and use of your Personal Data. For purposes of this appendix to the Chevron Phillips Chemical Website Privacy Statement, the term “Personal Data” is used synonymously with the term “Personal Information” in the Chevron Phillips Chemical Website Privacy Statement.
Processing Bases and Consequences
We rely on the following legal grounds for the collection, processing and use of your Personal Data:
- The processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
- The processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- The processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of which you require protection of Personal Data, such as legitimate interests are the fulfilment of the processing purposes described in this Privacy Statement that are not necessary for the performance of a contract or for our compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
- Other applicable legal basis for data processing, especially provisions set out by Member State law.
To the extent that a legal ground described above would not apply to specific purpose of processing of your Personal Data by us, we will seek your consent for such specific purpose(s) in accordance with applicable law.
If you do not provide us with certain of your Personal Data, we may not be able to fulfill the requested purpose of collection, such as to respond to your queries or provide our Site to you. However, unless otherwise specified, not providing your Personal Data will not result in legal consequences for you.
- Right to withdraw your consent: To the extent a specific element of our processing of your Personal Data relies upon your consent, you may withdraw such consent at any time with future effect. Such a withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing prior to the consent withdrawal.
- Additional data privacy rights: Pursuant to applicable data protection law, you may have the right to (i) request access to your Personal Data; (ii) request rectification of your Personal Data; (iii) request erasure of your Personal Data; (iv) request restriction of processing of your Personal Data; (v) request data portability; and/or (vi) object to the processing of your Personal Data (including objection to profiling).
Please note that these aforementioned rights might be limited under the applicable local data protection law. Below please find further information on your rights to the extent that the EU General Data Protection Regulation applies:
- Right to request access to your Personal Data: You may have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not Personal Data concerning you is being processed, and, where that is the case, to request access to the Personal Data. This access information includes — inter alia — the purposes of the processing, the categories of Personal Data concerned, and the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the Personal Data have been or will be disclosed. However, this is not an absolute right and the interests of other individuals may restrict your right of access. You may have the right to obtain a copy of the Personal Data undergoing processing free of charge. For further copies requested by you, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs.
- Right to request rectification: You may have the right to obtain from us the rectification of inaccurate Personal Data concerning you. Depending on the purposes of the processing, you may have the right to have incomplete personal Data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
- Right to request erasure (right to be forgotten): Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to obtain from us the erasure of Personal Data concerning you, and we may be obliged to erase such Personal Data.
- Right to request restriction of processing: Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to obtain from us restriction of processing your Personal Data. In such case, the respective data will be marked and may only be processed by us for certain purposes.
- Right to request data portability: Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to receive the Personal Data concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you may have the right to transmit those data to another entity without hindrance from us.
- Right to object: Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the processing of your Personal Data by us, and we can be required to no longer process your Personal Data. Such right to object may especially apply if we collect and process your Personal Data for profiling purposes in order to better understand your interests in our products and services or for direct marketing. If you have a right to object and you exercise this right, your Personal Data will no longer be processed for such purposes by us. You may exercise this right by contacting us as stated at the end of the Chevron Phillips Chemical Privacy Statement. Such a right to object may, in particular, not exist if the processing of your Personal Data is necessary to take steps prior to entering into a contract or to perform a contract already concluded.
To exercise your rights, please contact us as stated at the end of the Chevron Phillips Chemical Privacy Statement. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection supervisory authority.
The Personal Data that we collect or receive about you may be transferred to and processed by recipients that are located inside or outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). For recipients located outside of the EEA, some are certified under the EU–U.S. Privacy Shield and others are located in countries with adequacy decisions, and in each case, the transfer is thereby recognized as providing an adequate level of data protection from a European data protection law perspective. Other recipients might be located in countries that do not provide an adequate level of protection from a European data protection law perspective. With respect to transfers to countries not providing an adequate level of data protection, we will base the transfer on appropriate safeguards, such as standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission or by a supervisory authority, approved codes of conduct together with binding and enforceable commitments of the recipient, or approved certification mechanisms together with binding and enforceable commitments of the recipient. You may request a copy of such appropriate safeguards by contacting us as set out at the end of the Chevron Phillips Chemical Privacy Statement.
Contact Details of EU Representative
The contact details of our representative within the EU are as follows: @email.