Updated: May 05, 2022
This Privacy Statement describes how Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LLC and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “Chevron Phillips Chemical,” “we,” “our” or “us”) collect, use and disclose information about visitors and users (collectively, “users”) of our websites, online features, products and services that link to this Privacy Statement (each a “Site,” or collectively, “our Sites”). You can identify the Chevron Phillips Chemical company that hosts a particular Site through the Site’s footer or “About Us” link. This Privacy Statement also applies to Personal Information (defined below) that we collect via offline means, such as during interactions with our corporate suppliers and customers, via trade shows or other offline interactions, where applicable. For the purposes of this Privacy Statement, Chevron Phillips Chemical is the controller (i.e., responsible party) for the Personal Information addressed in this Privacy Statement.
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your Personal Information, please contact us using the information provided in the “Contact Us” section of this Privacy Statement.
You can access specific topics within this Privacy Statement by clicking on the relevant links below:
Collection and Use of Your Personal Information
Chevron Phillips Chemical recognizes and respects the privacy of our customers, suppliers, web visitors, and others. “Personal Information” generally refers to any information that can be linked to an identified or identifiable person. The Personal Information that we collect about you varies depending on the context of our interactions with you, though it typically pertains only to business-related contexts. The following describes the type of Personal Information that we collect from you for our purposes and how we use that information. We also provide information regarding the legal basis of processing such Personal Information, as required by certain privacy laws.
|Context||Types of Data||Primary Purpose for Collection and Use of Data|
|Account Registration||When you register for an account on our Site, we collect your Chevron Phillips Chemical username and password, your name and the following business-related information: company name, job title/responsibility, email address, telephone and fax number, business address, the history of your purchase or contractual relationship with Chevron Phillips Chemical. We may also collect information relating to the actions that you perform while logged into your account. If you choose to provide it, we may also collect information such as product and service preferences.||We have a legitimate interest in providing account related functionalities to our users and performing our contract with you and your organization.|
|Customer Relationship Management||We collect certain contact and related business information about you (name, email address, professional contact information) when you or your organization obtains products or services from us. We also use such information to administer and maintain our relationship with your organization. In some instances, we may collect certain background or screening information to the extent needed and in accordance with applicable law.||We have a legitimate interest in providing products and services to our customers and performing our contract with your organization.|
|Supplier Relationship Management||We collect certain contact and related business information about you (name, email address, professional contact information) when you or your organization provides us with certain products or services. We also use such information to administer and maintain our relationship with your organization. In some instances, we may collect certain background or screening information to the extent needed and in accordance with applicable law.||We have a legitimate interest in administering our relationship with our suppliers and performing our contract with your organization.|
|Email Interconnectivity||If you receive email from us, we use certain tools to capture data related to when you open our message, click on any links or banners it contains and make purchases. For more information relating to the use of such tools, review the “Cookies and Similar Technologies” section below.||We have a legitimate interest in using this information to understand how you interact with our communications to you.|
|Feedback/Support||If you provide us feedback or contact us for support, we will collect your name and e-mail address, as well as any other content that you send to us, in order to reply.||We have a legitimate interest when we use this information in order to receive, and act upon, your feedback or issues.|
|Mobile Devices||We collect information from your mobile device when used to visit our Site such as unique identifying information broadcast from your device. For more information relating to the use of such tools, review the “Cookies and Similar Technologies” section below.||We have a legitimate interest in using this information to identify unique visitors and understand how users interact with us on their mobile devices.|
|Mailing List||When you sign up for one of our mailing lists, we collect your email address or postal address.||We have a legitimate interest in sharing information about our products or services with you and otherwise providing you with marketing or promotional materials.|
|Social Media Information||We may collect certain information related to your social media usage as it relates to us.||We have a legitimate interest in using this information to understand your usage of and interactions with our social media sites as it relates to us and to generate related content.|
|Website Interactions||We use technology to monitor how you access and interact with our Site. This may include the links you click on, or information that you type into our online forms. This may also include information about your device or browser. For more information relating to the use of such tools, review the “Cookies and Similar Technologies” section below.
||We have a legitimate interest in using this information to understand how you interact with our Site to better improve it, and to understand your preferences and interests in order to select offerings that you might find most useful. We also have a legitimate interest in detecting and preventing fraud.|
|Web Logs||We collect information, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to a computer when the Internet is used), domain name, click-activity, referring website, and/or a date/time stamp for visitors. For more information relating to the use of such tools, review the “Cookies and Similar Technologies” section below.
||We have a legitimate interest in monitoring our networks, providing and maintaining the functionality of our Site, including identifying and repairing errors or problems, security incidents, and in investigating, preventing, or taking action regarding possible malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, including attempts to manipulate or violate our policies, procedures, and terms and conditions.|
|Applicant Information||For visitors who apply for employment through the third-party websites (which are linked to cpchem.com), we collect information to consider the individual for employment. The Personal Information collected by these third-party sites will also be subject to the privacy practices and policies of those sites. We may also collect certain types of Personal Information that may be considered sensitive or special (e.g., race or ethnic origin, information needed to address workplace accommodations, sexual orientation), in accordance with and to the extent permitted by applicable law.
||We have a legitimate interest in obtaining applicant Personal Information to consider applicants for employment. Supranational law, national law, or a collective agreement requires us to process the data to comply with our obligations and rights, and those of the applicants, in the fields of employment, social security and social protection law.
|Promotional Material||We may process your Personal Information, such as contact information and name, in order to send you promotional information about Chevron Phillips Chemical products and services, special promotions and initiatives such as events, fairs and exhibitions organized by Chevron Phillips Chemical.||We have a legitimate interest in sharing information about our products or services with you and otherwise providing you with marketing or promotional materials.
|Other||We may collect audio or video information via video conference or other online collaboration tools (in accordance with and to the extent permitted by applicable law).
||We have a legitimate interest in collecting such information to administer our business and provide appropriate workplace tools to our employees, customers and other third parties.|
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- Service Providers. We may disclose such information to service providers who assist us in providing products and services, talent acquisition, information technology support and customer service support.
- Affiliated Companies. We may disclose such information with subsidiaries, affiliates or joint ventures as needed to provide our products and services and generally as necessary in the administration of a global organization.
- Other Disclosures with Your Consent. We may ask if you would like us to disclose your information with other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this Privacy Statement.
- Corporate Transaction. We may disclose your Personal Information in the context of merger, consolidation or other corporate reorganization, to a purchaser of all or a portion of our assets, or pursuant to a financing arrangement or co-promotional agreement. Such recipient will be bound by terms and conditions reasonably similar to those set out in this Privacy Statement.
- Other Parties. We may disclose Personal Information in response to subpoenas, warrants, court orders, or in connection with a legal process, to comply with relevant laws, or to comply with a government request. We may also disclose such information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, risk to the safety of a person or property, or a violation of our policies.
We do not share or sell your Personal Information with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
We may use the following types of cookies on our Site:
|Essential Cookies||These are cookies that our Site needs in order to function, and that enable you to move around and use the Site and features. Without these essential cookies, the Site will not perform as smoothly for you as we would like it to and we may not be able to provide the Site or certain services or features you request. Examples of where these cookies are used include: to determine when you are signed in, to determine when your account has been inactive, and for other troubleshooting and security purposes.|
|Analytics Cookies||Analytics cookies allow us to understand more about how many visitors we have to our Site, how many times they visit us and how many times a user viewed specific pages within our Site. Although analytics cookies allow us to gather specific information about the Site that you visit and whether you have visited our Site multiple times, we cannot use them to find out details such as your name or address.|
We may use the information collected through tracking technologies for several reasons, including:
- To make our Site easier to use.
- To gather metrics about how users interact with our Site.
- For security reasons.
Do Not Track: At this time, our Site is not configured to honor browsers’ “Do Not Track” or equivalent signals.
Security of Your Personal Information
We take the privacy of your Personal Information seriously. We use commercially reasonable technical, administrative and physical security measures to protect your Personal Information, including generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is 100 percent secure, so we unfortunately cannot guarantee absolute security. In the event of a breach of which we are required by law to inform you, we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (e.g., if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please contact us immediately as detailed under the “Contact Us” heading below.
Retention of Your Personal Information
How long we retain your Personal Information depends on the context in which, and purpose for which, we collected it. We generally retain Personal Information for as long as necessary for achieving the purpose for which it was collected, unless a different retention period is required by applicable law.
Links to External Websites
This Site provides links to other websites that are not owned or controlled by Chevron Phillips Chemical. Please note that these websites’ privacy policies may differ from those of Chevron Phillips Chemical and that this Privacy Statement applies only to Personal Information collected on this Site. We have no control over third-party websites and are not responsible or liable for the privacy or business practices of any third-party websites linked on our Site. We encourage you to read the privacy statement of any website you may visit, as we are not responsible for such websites’ content and policies.
Chevron Phillips Chemical does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13, and users under the age of 13 should not submit any Personal Information to Chevron Phillips Chemical. If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent and he/she is under the age of 13, please alert us at @email or write to us, as detailed in the “Contact Us” section below. We will take prompt steps to remove the Personal Information from our systems.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
Except to the extent limited by applicable law, we reserve the right to update this Privacy Statement to reflect changes to our practices by prominently posting notice of the update on our Site. Any updates will become effective 30 days after posting the updates to this statement and apply to all information collected about you. If we make any changes to this statement that materially impact previously collected Personal Information about you, we will, to the extent that we have your email address, notify you by email and/or obtain consent where required by applicable law.
Depending on where you are located, you may have additional rights, as detailed below.
- Right to withdraw your consent: To the extent a specific element of our processing of your Personal Information relies upon your consent, you may withdraw such consent at any time with future effect. Such a withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of the processing prior to the consent withdrawal.
- Additional data privacy rights: Pursuant to applicable data protection laws, you may have the right to (i) request access to your Personal Information; (ii) request rectification of your Personal Information; (iii) request erasure of your Personal Information; (iv) request restriction of processing of your Personal Information; (v) request data portability; and/or (vi) object to the processing of your Personal Information (including objection to profiling). Please note that these aforementioned rights might be limited under the applicable local data protection laws.
- Right to request access to your Personal Information: You may have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not Personal Information concerning you is being processed, and, where that is the case, to request access to the Personal Information. This access information includes, among other things, the purposes of the processing, the categories of Personal Information concerned, and the recipients or categories of recipient to whom the Personal Information have been or will be disclosed. However, this is not an absolute right and the interests of other individuals may restrict your right of access. You may have the right to obtain a copy of the Personal Information free of charge. For further copies requested by you, we may charge a reasonable fee based on administrative costs.
- Right to request rectification: You may have the right to obtain from us the rectification of inaccurate Personal Information concerning you. Depending on the purposes of the processing, you may have the right to have incomplete Personal Information completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
- Right to request erasure (right to be forgotten): Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to obtain from us the erasure of Personal Information concerning you, and we may be obliged to erase such Personal Information.
- Right to request restriction of processing: Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to obtain from us restriction of processing your Personal Information. In such case, the respective data will be marked and may only be processed by us for certain purposes.
- Right to request data portability: Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to receive the Personal Information concerning you, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and you may have the right to transmit those data to another entity without hindrance from us.
- Right to object: Under certain circumstances, you may have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to the processing of your Personal Information by us, and we can be required to no longer process your Personal Information. Such right to object may especially apply if we collect and process your Personal Information for profiling purposes in order to better understand your interests in our products and services or for direct marketing. If you have a right to object and you exercise this right, your Personal Information will no longer be processed for such purposes by us. You may exercise this right by contacting us as stated in the “Contact Us” section of this Privacy Statement, or below in the “Contact Details of our EU Representative” subsection. Such a right to object may, in particular, not exist if the processing of your Personal Information is necessary to take steps prior to entering into a contract or to perform a contract already concluded.
- Right to know what Personal Information is sold or shared and to whom: At the current time, Chevron Phillips Chemical does not sell or share your Personal Information with third parties for their marketing purposes.
- Right to prohibit the sale or sharing of Personal Information: At the current time, Chevron Phillips Chemical does not sell or share your Personal Information with third parties for their marketing purposes.
- Right to limit the use and disclosure of sensitive Personal Information: We will only use sensitive or special Personal Information as needed for the purposes for which it was collected. If this changes, we will notify you by email, to the extent we have your email address, and you may have the right to restrict such additional uses.
- Right to Non-Discrimination: We do not discriminate against individuals who exercise any of their rights described in this Privacy Statement. However, Chevron Phillips Chemical may require use of your Personal Information to provide access to the services. Therefore, when you exercise your deletion right, in particular, you may lose access to certain aspects of the services that require your Personal Information.
If you choose to assert any of these rights under applicable law, we will respond within the time period prescribed by applicable law. Please note that many of the above rights are subject to exceptions and limitations. Your rights and our responses will vary based on your country or territory of residency.
To exercise your rights, please contact us as stated in the “Contact Us” section of this Privacy Statement. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection supervisory authority if we have not addressed your questions or concerns about Personal Information.
In certain jurisdictions, a person authorized to act on your behalf may make a verifiable consumer request related to your Personal Information. If you designate an authorized person to submit requests to exercise certain privacy rights on your behalf, we will require verification that you provided the authorized agent permission to make a request on your behalf. You must provide us with a copy of the signed permission you have given to the authorized agent to submit the request on your behalf and verify your own identity directly with us.
Your verifiable request must: (i) provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify that you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative; and (ii) describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it. We will only use Personal Information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
The Personal Information that we collect or receive about you may be transferred/made accessible to and processed by recipients that are located outside of your home country, including in certain instances to countries not considered to provide an adequate level of protection to Personal Information from a local law perspective. To appropriately protect Personal Information, we will base the transfer on appropriate safeguards, including but not limited to standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission and/or similar contractual obligations for the United Kingdom. Depending on your location, you may have the right to request a copy of such appropriate safeguards by contacting us as set out at the end of the Chevron Phillips Chemical Privacy Statement.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us by email at @email or by postal mail at:
Chevron Philips Chemical Company
Attention: Ethics & Compliance Office
10001 Six Pines Drive
The Woodlands, TX 77380
Alternatively, you may contact us at the following telephone number: +1-800-231-1212
Contact Details for our EU Representative: @email.