High-density polyethylene (HDPE) PE4710 pipe for natural gas distribution systems. The product is also suitable for liquid petroleum gas (LPG), propane and low pressure after-meter gas applications.
Yellowstripe® 8300 series PE piping is manufactured from a high-density polyethylene (HDPE) material with an ASTM D3350 Cell Classification of PE445574C and PPI TR-4 listed material designations of PE4710 and PE100. Additional material properties are detailed in the product’s Data Sheet.
Yellowstripe® 8300 series PE piping is manufactured in both Copper Tubing Sizes (CTS) and Iron Pipe Sizes (IPS). Standard sizes are shown in the product’s Size and Dimension Sheet.
Solid black pipe with four equidistant yellow stripes.
Yellowstripe® 8300 series PE piping is manufactured to ASTM D2513. Select sizes are available with 3rd Party certification to ASTM D2513, CSA (Canadian Standards Association) B137.4, and the UPC (Uniform Plumbing Code / IAPMO).
Yellowstripe® 8300 series PE piping is defined as a Code C material and as such contains a minimum of 2-3 percent carbon black. Black (ASTM D3350 Code C) gas pipe materials are considered stabilized against UV degradation for unprotected outdoor exposure of at least 10 years per ASTM D2513.
Key Benefits of DriscoPlex® PE Piping
- Heat fused, fully restrained, zero-leak joints
- Excellent chemical resistance – does not rust, rot, tuberculate, corrode, or support biological growth
- Smooth inside surface resulting in excellent flow characteristics
- Unmatched combination of flexibility, toughness and durability
- Lightweight and ductility of pipe magnify ease of handling and installation
- Exceptional impact resistance
- Minimized maintenance and lifecycle costs due to zero leakage, fully restrained joints, and excellent chemical resistance
- High quality polyethylene piping with over 50 years of proven performance
- Excellent stress crack resistance