DrisFlex™ Additive is a water-dispersible latex. It is a versatile, total mud conditioner that stabilizes shale formations, inhibits clay hydration and reduces fluid loss. DrisFlex™ Additive provides a thin and slick filter cake. DrisFlex™ Additive can be used in fresh water systems, potassium chloride systems or sodium chloride systems.
DrisFlex™ Additive forms a film around clay particles, drill solids, and on the wellbore. It is advisable to maintain treatment to ensure adequate concentration.
- Minimizes damage to productive formations
- Coats shale to prevent or stop sloughing and swelling
- Inhibits dispersion of drilled solids
- Maintains rheological properties of the drilling fluid
- Improves filtration control
- Produces thin, tough, slick filter cakes and reduce slip stick tendencies
- Reduces torque and drag effects
- Environmentally acceptable - is used on land and offshore
- No emulsifiers needed to ensure proper mixing
- Resistant to calcium contamination and solids contamination
- Compatible with PHPA
- Compatible with most other commonly used drilling fluid additives
- Stable to 300°F