Desco® Deflocculant is a proprietary tannin-based product used for rheology control in water-based drilling fluids. It is readily soluble over a wide range of temperatures and is effective in low concentrations without requiring the use of caustic soda.
- Maximum deflocculation and shear strength reduction at low concentrations
- 4 to 8 times more effective than lignosulfonates, depending on conditions
- Soluble in systems of high salinity, high hardness and any pH
- Scavenges oxygen and inhibits corrosion
- High-temperature rheology control; proven effective in excess of 400 °F (204 °C)
- Solution pH is approximately 8.5. No Caustic Addition is required to activate the product
- Reduces the effects of cement contamination