High-density polyethylene (HDPE) PE4710 pipe for high-temperature pressurized applications up to 180°F. PlatinumStripe® 1800 Series PE-RT pipe is also used for applications requiring excellent oxidative resistance and/or stress cracking resistance. PlatinumStripe® 1800 Series PE-RT pipe is typically used in industrial, mining, and oil and gas gathering applications.
PlatinumStripe® 1800 Series PE-RT pipe is manufactured from a high-density polyethylene-raised temperature (PE-RT) material with an ASTM D3350 Cell Classification of PE445574C and a PPI TR-4 listed material designation of PE4710. Additional material properties are detailed in the product’s Product Flyer.
PlatinumStripe® 1800 Series PE-RT pipe is manufactured in Iron Pipe Sizes (IPS). Standard sizes are shown in the product’s Product Flyer.
Solid black pipe with four, platinum-colored coextruded stripes.
PlatinumStripe® 1800 Series PE-RT pipe is manufactured to ASTM F714, ASTM F2619, and API 15LE.
Key Benefits of PlatinumStripe® 1800 PE-RT piping systems
- Higher permissible operating temperatures compared to standard PE4710 products
- Allows continuous operation at temperatures from -49°F (-45°C) to 180°F (82°C).
- >20 times PE4710 requirements for stress crack resistance
- Allows use of native backfill material from trench (sandless installation) for shallow, non-traffic applications
- Follows same fusion parameters as standard PE4710 pipes
- Patented stabilizer system for high temperature oxidative environments with ASTM D3350 CC3 rating
- Full range of pipe sizes, pressure capabilities, molded and fabricated fittings