High-density polyethylene (HDPE) PE4710 pipe for underground fire water protection systems for municipal and industrial applications.
DriscoPlex® 4000 / 4100 FM series PE piping is manufactured from a high-density polyethylene (HDPE) material with an ASTM D3350 Cell Classification of PE445574C and a PPI TR-4 listed material designation of PE4710. The material used to manufacture DriscoPlex® 4000 / 4100 FM series PE piping is also evaluated to the toxicological requirements of NSF/ANSI 61 for potable water. Additional material properties are detailed in the product’s Data Sheet.
DriscoPlex® 4000 FM series PE piping is manufactured in Ductile Iron Pipe Sizes (DIPS), while DriscoPlex® 4100 FM series PE piping is manufactured in Iron Pipe Sizes (IPS). DriscoPlex® 4000 / 4100 Factory Mutual (FM) series PE piping and fittings are available in pressure class 200, 250, and 335 psi. Standard sizes are shown in the products' Size and Dimension Sheet.
Solid black pipe. Solid black pipe with coextruded red stripes is also available. DriscoPlex® 4100 FM series PE piping’s striping pattern is four equally spaced single stripes to designate IPS sizing, while DriscoPlex® 4000 FM series PE piping’s striping pattern is three equally spaced sets of dual stripes to designate DIPS sizing.
DriscoPlex® 4000 / 4100 FM series PE piping is manufactured to FM1613. DriscoPlex® 4000 / 4100 FM series PE piping is also either manufactured to ASTM D3035 and AWWA C901 for sizes ≤ 3” or ASTM F714 and AWWA C906 for sizes ≥ 4”.
Key Benefits of DriscoPlex® PE Piping
- Heat fused, fully restrained, zero-leak joints
- Excellent chemical resistance – does not rust, rot, tuberculate, corrode, or support biological growth
- Smooth inside surface resulting in excellent flow characteristics
- High capacity for surge pressures above working pressure
- Unmatched combination of flexibility, toughness and durability (for use in trenchless applications)
- Lightweight and ductility of pipe magnify ease of handling and installation
- Outstanding resistance to fatigue against frequent surge events
- Exceptional impact resistance
- Long-term UV resistance for above-ground use
- Minimized maintenance and lifecycle costs due to zero leakage, fully restrained joints, and excellent chemical resistance
- High quality polyethylene piping with over 50 years of proven performance
- Excellent stress crack resistance