Liquid Drispac® polymer high performance Polyanionic cellulose, suspended in an ultra- clean mineral oil. Liquid Drispac® polymer suspension is uniquely stable, easily handled and useful in both oilfield and non-oilfield applications.
Drilling Specialties’ 40% Liquid Drispac® polymer will not experience the separation, evident in other suspension products. It is not subject to settling or oil separation under normal storage or transport conditions. Starting with a fine grade mineral oil and utilizing our unique suspension technology, we eliminate settling of the Drispac® polymer particles while the product remains fully pourable. The long-term stability of the suspension provides for consistent, reliable product properties at your field locations any place in the world. Liquid Drispac® polymer has seen successful application in both warm climates, like the Gulf of Mexico and the Middle East, and in cold climates, like the North Sea and Alaska.
Packaging the Drispac® polymer as a liquid suspension allows for accurate metering, and provides complete dispersion of the particles in your treating fluids before hydration begins. This quality eliminates problems of polymer lumping and incomplete viscosity development, even when facing adverse field mixing conditions.
- Easy to handle and mixes well in low shear environments
- Extremely stable suspension provides reliable properties
- Freeze/thaw cycle does not affect stability or performance of the product
- Highly cost effective
- Controls fluid loss
- Produces a thin, slick, tough filter cake
- Retards dilled solids build up
- Promotes faster penetration rates
- Performs well in fresh water, sea water, brine and saturated salt environments
- Improves mud stability
- Reduces clean up time
- Friction reducer and lubricant for horizontal drilling
- Increases resistance of clay muds to contamination
- Eliminates need of preservatives; non-fermenting
- Superior carrying capacity