Dristemp® Polymer is a white, free-flowing synthetic polymer designed for high temperature drilling environments. It is compatible with all commonly used materials in water-based drilling fluids and is used for high temperature fluid loss control and inhibition of cutting and shales.
In typical fresh and saltwater muds, Dristemp® Polymer performed well up to 375 °F in lab testing and has shown excellent performance in formate fluids above 400 °F. In field muds, thermal stability might be expected to be higher. For very high temperature fresh or salt water applications Dristemp® Polymer partners well with Driscal D Polymer, and should be phased into the system starting at around 350 °F.
- Works well at any salinity
- Reduces differential sticking tendencies
- Is calcium tolerant to 5,000 ppm
- Temperature stable to 375 °F (190 °C)
- Can improve thermal stability of whole mud system
- Helps maintain the integrity of cuttings
- Inhibits hydratable and sloughing shale
- Increases the effectiveness of solids-control equipment
- Hydrates quickly without forming “fish-eyes”
- Improves drilling fluid suspension properties compared to other competitive
- High temperature materials where barite settling can be an issue
- Works well in formate muds