CF (Chrome Free) Desco® II Deflocculant is a proprietary tannin-based product used for rheology control in water-based muds. It is very effective for rheology control in areas with the strictest environmental regulations. It is effective in low concentrations without requiring the use of caustic soda.
CF Desco® II Deflocculant is used the same way CF Desco® Deflocculant is used today. CF Desco® II Deflocculant can be used in freshwater, seawater and salt water drilling fluids, as a conditioner for drilling fluids used as packer fluids and in cement pre-flushes. The concentration of material used in these applications will be similar to those of CF Desco® Deflocculant. Like the original CF Desco® Deflocculant, CF Desco® II Deflocculant is effective in low pH applications.
- Environmentally compatible
- Maximum deflocculation at low concentrations
- Soluble in systems of high-salinity, high-hardness and at any pH
- 4 to 8 times more effective than CF lignosulfonates, depending on conditions
- Temperature tolerance in excess of 300 °F (149 °C)
- Solution pH is approximately 8.5. No Caustic Addition is required to activate the product