Performance Pipe Molded Fittings are produced in five different series for application in various industries. Performance Pipe’s fittings are connected using butt fusion, sidewall fusion, socket fusion, and other mechanical methods, such as flanges and compression couplings.
DriscoPlex® 6500 series fittings are manufactured from a medium-density polyethylene (MDPE) material with an ASTM D3350 Cell Classification of PE234373E and PPI TR-4 listed material designations of PE2708 and PE80. Additional material properties are detailed in the product’s flyer.
DriscoPlex® 8100 series fittings are manufactured from a high-density polyethylene (HDPE) material with an ASTM D3350 Cell Classification of PE445574C and PPI TR-4 listed material designations of PE4710 and PE100. Additional material properties are detailed in the product’s flyer.
DriscoPlex® 6500 and DriscoPlex® 8100 series fittings are manufactured in both Copper Tubing Sizes (CTS) and Iron Pipe Sizes (IPS). Standard sizes are shown in the product’s flyer.
DriscoPlex® 6500 series fittings are manufactured in solid yellow.
DriscoPlex® 8100 series fittings are manufactured in solid black.
DriscoPlex® 6500 and DriscoPlex® 8100 series fittings are manufactured to ASTM D2513. Select sizes are available with 3rd Party certification to ASTM D2513, CSA (Canadian Standards Association) B137.4, and the UPC (Uniform Plumbing Code / IAPMO).
DriscoPlex® 6500 series PE piping is protected from UV effects and outdoor exposure through additive formulations and is produced with Code E materials in accordance with ASTM D3350. Performance Pipe provides an unprotected outdoor storage recommendation of 3 years for DriscoPlex® 6500 series PE piping.
Key Benefits of DriscoPlex® PE Piping
- Heat fused, fully restrained, zero-leak joints
- Excellent chemical resistance – does not rust, rot, tuberculate, corrode, or support biological growth
- Smooth inside surface resulting in excellent flow characteristics
- Unmatched combination of flexibility, toughness and durability
- Lightweight and ductility of pipe magnify ease of handling and installation
- Exceptional impact resistance
- Minimized maintenance and lifecycle costs due to zero leakage, fully restrained joints, and excellent chemical resistance
- High quality polyethylene piping with over 50 years of proven performance
- Excellent stress crack resistance