DYNA-SEAL™ OBM Fiber is a proprietary micro-cellulosic fiber for use in seepage loss control and other lost circulation needs in oil base muds.
The product is available in ultra fine, fine or medium grades. DYNA-SEAL™ OBM Fiber, like our original seepage control material DYNARED™ fiber has the advantages of sealing off depleted zones without the excessive build up of wall cake and works in both oil based and water based drilling fluids.
- May be mixed rapidly through the mud hopper
- Does not require bypassing of most solids control equipment
- Seals off depleted zones without excessive build up of wall cake
- Does not need addition of a wetting agent to go into oil based fluids
- Is not treated with a wetting agent so it may be used in water based fluids
- Unlike competitive materials does not appreciably increase drilling fluid rheology
- Does not readily degrade due to shear
- Resistant to attack by bio-organisms
- Works in drilling fluids of any pH
- Compatible with other common lost circulation materials
- The acid solubility is 45.6% in 15% HCl at 150 °F after a 4 hour soak
- Does not appreciably reduce the ES of invert oil muds!
- Thermal stability is 400 °F without use of oxygen scavengers
- May be used in water base muds
- Density for the ultra fine, fine and medium is 1.01 SG