This Privacy Statement describes how Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LLC and its subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, “Chevron Phillips Chemical,” “we,” “our” or “us”) collect, use and disclose information about visitors and users (collectively, “users”) of our websites, online features, products and services that link to this Privacy Statement (each a “Site” or collectively, “our Sites”). You can identify the Chevron Phillips Chemical Company that hosts a particular Site through the Site’s footer or “About Us” link. By visiting or using our Sites, you are consenting to us gathering and processing information about you in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Information We Collect About You
Chevron Phillips Chemical recognizes and respects the privacy of our customers and web visitors. We may collect certain personally identifiable information ("Personal Information") that visitors to this Site voluntarily provide, such as:
- Contact details such as your name, email address, telephone and fax number, and physical address
- Your company name and address, job title/responsibility
- Account number and information
- Your CPChem username and password
- Comments and inquiries about our products and services as well as information that assists us in identifying the best products and services for you
- Data submitted in connection with an application for employment such as your resume, education and skills, and other data about yourself. This information will be collected and processed by a third party website that all applicants are directed to in order to complete the application process.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use Personal Information received from you for the following purposes:
- Provide you with the services and products offered on our Sites
- Respond to your inquiries
- Process orders and execute the transactions you request
- For visitors who apply for employment through the third party websites (which are linked to cpchem.com), to consider the individual for employment. The Personal Information collected by these third party sites will be subject to the privacy practices and policies of those sites.
How We Share Your Personal Information
We may share your Personal Information in the following circumstances:
- With service providers who assist us in providing the products and services
- If required to do so by a court order or applicable law
- We may share such information with subsidiaries, affiliates or joint ventures to process transactions and provide services on your behalf
We do not share your Personal Information with third parties for their own marketing purposes.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
Access to and Correction of Your Personal Information
To the extent required by law, we provide you with the opportunity to be informed of whether we are processing your Personal Information and to access, correct, update, oppose, delete, block, limit or object, upon request and free of charge, to our use of your Personal Information. For such inquiries, please contact us as detailed under the “Contact Us” heading below. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable as required by applicable law. Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes, to complete any transactions that you began prior to your request, or for other purposes as required or permitted by applicable law.
Security of Your Personal Information
We use commercially reasonable technical, administrative and physical security measures to protect your Personal Information, including generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, so we unfortunately cannot guarantee absolute security. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (e.g., if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please contact us immediately as detailed under the “Contact Us” heading below.
Changes to Privacy Statement
Except to the extent limited by applicable law, we reserve the right to update this Privacy Statement to reflect changes to our practices by prominently posting notice of the update on our Site. Any updates will become effective 30 days after posting the updates to this statement and apply to all information collected about you. If we make any changes to this statement that materially impact previously collected Personal Information about you, we will, to the extent that we have your email address, notify you by email.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by postal mail at:
Chevron Philips Chemical Company
10001 Six Pines Drive
The Woodlands, TX 77380
Updated: January 2016