The Woodlands, Texas (June 10, 2016) – Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LP’s (Chevron Phillips Chemical) Pasadena Plastics Complex in Pasadena, Texas, received Texas Chemical Council’s (TCC) “Best in Texas” award for its distinguished safety program during TCC’s annual awards banquet on June 9.
“Best in Texas” is presented to the top facilities that meet the criteria for the TCC’s Distinguished Safety Service award program and maintain a contractor safety program.
The Pasadena plant was also awarded the Excellence in Caring for Texas award while seven additional Chevron Phillips Chemical sites in Texas were recognized for safety excellence and community outreach.
Here is a comprehensive list of all the Chevron Phillips Chemical plants with their recognitions:
- Alamo Plant (Conroe) -- Caring for Texas award
- Borger Plant -- Sustained Excellence in Caring for Texas award
- Cedar Bayou Plant (Baytown) -- Sustained Excellence in Caring for Texas award
- La Porte Plant -- Distinguished Safety Service, Zero Incident, Zero Contractor, Caring for Texas awards
- Orange Plant -- Sustained Excellence in Caring for Texas award
- Pasadena Plastics Complex -- Best in Texas and Excellence in Caring for Texas awards
- Port Arthur Plant -- Distinguished Safety Service, Zero Incident Rate, Zero Contractor Rate, Sustained Excellence in Caring for Texas awards
- Sweeny Complex -- Sustained Excellence in Caring for Texas award
TCC’s safety award program recognizes members for demonstrated commitment and exemplary results toward safe operations in various categories such as Distinguished Service, Zero Incident Rates and the Best in Texas. With the Caring for Texas award program, TCC members are recognized for their performance in community awareness, emergency response, security and pollution prevention.