EcoSolv® Drycleaning Fluid
|EcoSolv® drycleaning fluid is 100% hydrocarbon-based, and its flash point lies within the NFPA standards for Class IIIA solvents (above 140 °F and below 200 °F). To the drycleaner, this means that with the proper permitting, this product can be used in cleaning processes currently using Stoddard or other hydrocarbon or petroleum solvents.
The New York State Department of Environmental Conservation has approved EcoSolv® fluid under its NYSDEC Air Facility Registration program for dry-to-dry, closed loop machinery. Read the press release.
Read some articles about hydrocarbon drycleaning solvents that may help you learn more about why EcoSolv® fluid is a good choice for your business.
When compared to traditional Stoddard solvents, the higher flash point of EcoSolv® fluid translates to increased safety. Its lower vapor pressure means that you will lose less solvent to evaporation, resulting in cost savings in your operation.
The cleaning power of Chevron Phillips Chemical's EcoSolv® fluid has been tested by a major detergent manufacturer.* Their results show that switching from other Class IIIA hydrocarbon solvents to EcoSolv fluid will not change the cleaning performance of your system. Some important features of EcoSolv drycleaning fluid include:
- The drying time for EcoSolv® fluid is identical to that of two competing high flash solvents tested. Upon switching to EcoSolv drycleaning fluid, your garment processing time should remain the same as with these other hydrocarbon solvents.
- EcoSolv® fluid mixes readily with most drycleaning additives that are used with hydrocarbon drycleaning solvents.
- EcoSolv® fluid is 100% biodegradable.
- Dye and soil transfer during the drycleaning operation are minimized when EcoSolv® fluid is used with both anionic and cationic detergent formulations. This translates to cleaner garments for your customers.
- EcoSolv® drycleaning fluid is essentially odorless, reducing the need for deodorizers. Your customers will appreciate how clean and fresh their garments smell when you use EcoSolv® fluid in place of other Stoddard solvents.
We also offer a lower flashpoint drycleaning solvent, marketed as HC-DCF™ Low Flash solvent.
Always be sure to check with your equipment manufacturer to ensure that your machines are compatible with EcoSolv® drycleaning fluid.
* Cleaning performance test data courtesy of Adco, Inc., Sedalia, MO.